Syllabus | Send Info | Register Online
Solve Problems Without Damaging Relationships!
Strategies for Conflict Management is the third eight-week online course in the Executive Certificate in Negotiation program. This course focuses on the critical skills associated with handling difficult people and situations, highlighting the kinds of negotiation and influence processes that yield optimal outcomes, keeping relationships intact. You will examine ways professionals mediate hotly contested disputes and learn to effectively manage disputes among colleagues or subordinates. This course will also help you improve your own conflict resolution styles as well as your approach to working before, during and after conflicts.
In this course, you'll have hands-on opportunities for practice, so you can work to improve critical negotiation and conflict-management skills.
Who Should Register?
This final class in the three-course series is ideal for professionals in any industry who need to negotiate and influence with confidence – particularly when faced with heated disputes.
What You’ll Learn
- Strategies for Conflict Management
- Cost and Benefits of Conflict
- Conflict Styles
- Balancing Assertiveness and Empathy
- Crucial Confrontations
- Delivering Negative Feedback
- Managing Unacceptable Behavior
Emotion and Relationships
- Getting to the Roots of Emotions
- Managing Hostility and Aggression
- Downward and Upward Relationship Spirals
Dealing with Difficult People
- Managing Disputes
- Three Approaches to Conflict
- Good and Bad Threats
Conflicts as a Manager
- Task Relationship Paradigm
- Conflict Management Model
- Conversation Management
- Mediation Demonstration Introduction
- Getting Past Yes
- Assumptions and Behaviors