- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The AFP ND14 TRADESHOW PROMOTION (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Bisk Education (“Bisk”) on behalf of University of Notre Dame. Promotion is only offered in the continental United States (“Promotion Area”). Void outside of Promotion Area and where prohibited. Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Bisk shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By entering, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
- Dates: Promotion begins on March 23, 2013 and ends on March 25, 2014. Entry deadline is March 25, 2014 at 7 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”). Bisk’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion. Drawing to determine winner will be held on or about March 27, 2014.
- Eligibility: To be eligible, each entrant must be at least twenty-one (21) years old and a legal resident of the United States. Officers, directors, members and employees of Bisk, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) and households (whether or not related), are not eligible to enter or win. The term "household" includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
- Prize (1): One of University of Notre Dame’s Nonprofit Online Courses Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): up to $1,980.00. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Actual value of prize may vary depending on course selected by winner. Winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any difference between actual value of prize received and ARV stated above. All prize details shall be at Bisk’s sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), any other taxes, fees, surcharges and incidentals. Prize is not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. Prize is not transferrable and may not be substituted except that Bisk in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced. Any portion of prize not used by winner is forfeited and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. Prize offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Bisk. Bisk has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
- To Enter: Entries will be accepted at the University of Notre Dame Booth #677 at the Association of Fundraising Professionals 2014 from March 23, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. ET until March 25, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. ET. To enter, either drop your business card in the official entry box or legibly complete an official entry form (originals only) with all required information, which may include your full name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and age or date of birth and deposit it into the official entry box. Entrants may also be required to complete a brief survey where entries are accepted in order to be eligible for entry. Entries will not be accepted through any other method. You do not need to be present to win. All entries must be received by Bisk no later than March 25, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. ET. Limit one (1) entry per person. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Group submissions will not be accepted.
- Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. Bisk is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of passive or active filtering of any kind. Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by Bisk. Bisk is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, damaged, stolen, mutilated, or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. Bisk reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of Bisk and will not be returned or acknowledged. Bisk may use your personal information to contact you, including via email, to inform you of products or services that may be offered by Bisk. If you do not wish to be contacted by Bisk, you may opt-out through emails you receive from Bisk or by contacting Bisk at email@example.com.
- On March 27, 2014, or within a reasonable time thereafter, Bisk or its designee will randomly choose one (1) name from all timely entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility, the person whose name is so drawn will be declared the winner. Bisk will contact potential winner in accordance with the information supplied to Bisk on his or her official entry form. Winner may be required to present valid photo identification, signed affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents to Bisk no later than fourteen (14) days after initial notification. Bisk in its sole discretion may allow transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Prize will be electronically delivered to confirmed winner to e-mail address provided on his or her official entry form. In the event that potential winner (a) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (b) declines to accept the prize, (c) or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, or any prize notification to such potential winner is returned to Bisk as undeliverable, Bisk in its discretion may disqualify that individual and, an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Any alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
- Bisk may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winner's name on any of Bisk’s websites, including http://www.notredameonline.com/. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to award Bisk the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of winner's photograph on Bisk’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
- Entrants agree that Bisk, University of Notre Dame and any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, officers, directors, employees and related persons (collectively, “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not received by Bisk by the deadlines stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the announcement of the prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winner, the prize or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials; (f) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry; (g) are not responsible for the inability to select the winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (h) are released from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, arising in whole or in part directly or indirectly, from participating in the Promotion (in whole or in part), the use (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion, and the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to an entrant's status as a "winner," is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules and you agree to cooperate with Bisk concerning such verification and/or auditing. If Bisk determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, Bisk reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and any prize at any time. Bisk reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if Bisk concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards Bisk or any other entrant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein. Any failure by Bisk to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND Bisk RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Bisk reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion or any part thereof, in the event that Bisk determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond Bisk’s control. In such an event, Bisk will select the winner by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as Bisk, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances. Bisk reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Bisk reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you.
13. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Bisk in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Florida law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida. All entrants expressly agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Hillsborough County, Florida, and entrants consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- For a copy of the Official Rules visit http://www.notredameonline.com/trade-show/ or for the final Winner's Name, visit http://www.notredameonline.com/ or mail a SASE to: AFP ND 14 TRADESHOW PROMOTION c/o Bisk, 9417 Princess Palm Ave., Tampa, Suite 400, Tampa, FL 33619, specifying either “Winner's Name” or “Official Rules.” Vermont and Washington residents may omit return postage. Winner's Name will be available after April 2, 2014.