Broaden Your Business Perspective From “Tunnel Vision” to “Big Picture”
When your vision has no boundaries, there are no limits to your success. Develop a broader perspective that can help you achieve success in any business or industry.
In Disciplines of Business, you’ll gain a functional perspective as you explore other business areas and determine how you and your department fit into the broader organizational framework. As the course progresses, you’ll develop a holistic view of operations, finance, marketing, enterprise valuation and other critical disciplines. This expansive new outlook will help you see how your business decisions impact the overall organization.
Disciplines of Business
What You’ll Learn
Key Operational Issues
- Core Components of Operations Management
- Vital Operations Management Tools: Process Worksheet, Strategy Matrix, Pareto Analysis and Fishbone Diagram
- Proven Strategies for Margin Enhancement
Key Financial Concepts
- Critical Role of Financial Ratios in Analyzing Firm Performance
- Definitive Categories of Financial Ratios
- Measuring Performance Through a Strategic Profitability Analysis
- Essential Forecasting Tools: Pro Forma Balance Sheets and Income Statements
Investments and Budgeting
- Key Determinants of Investment Value
- Top Techniques for Evaluating Proposed Investments
- Crucial Decision Criteria for Capital Budgeting
Leverage and Sales Growth
- Distinguishing Characteristics of Operating Leverage and Financial Leverage
- Expert Advice on Evaluating Risk/Return Tradeoffs
- Best Practices for Achieving Sustainable Sales Growth
- Corrective Actions for Excessive and Deficient Growth
- Mastering the Four “P”s of Marketing: Product, Place, Price and Promotion
- Effective B2B and Consumer Marketing Strategies
- Must-Know Marketing Research Methods
- Critical Issues in Today’s Marketing Environment
- Pivotal Steps in the Enterprise Valuation Process
- Advantages of Acquisition Synergy
- Essential Techniques for Evaluating Acquisition Targets
Who Should Register?
The second course in Notre Dame’s Executive Certificate in Business Administration program, Disciplines of Business builds on the foundations covered in Principles of Business. It is open to anyone seeking a high-level overview of today’s most vital business topics, and is especially valuable for functional managers, small business owners, newly appointed executives and other professionals who wish to develop key business skills without the time and expense of traditional campus-based programs.